Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 [Rimworld 1.3 / Royalty / Ideology DLC]
Hello fellow rimworlders ! This mod aims to enrich the bionics and surgery gameplay as much as possible, without being intrusive to the vanilla experience. While originally intended to be a streamlined and 'improved' version of Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, which it still is to some degree, it is now also a standalone and complete medical mod. This mod features all kinds of prostheses and bionic parts, bone repairs and scar healing surgeries, for your needs.
Your colonists will, however, struggle for a while if they lose limbs or become severely crippled in the early game, until you manage to craft the rare and expensive bionic parts. You can still make simple prostheses and repair shattered bones relatively fast after researching it, but the resource cost is quite high for most things. Peg legs, wooden feet and dentures are of course always available for free. ;-) Early colony life was never easy !
- Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion: The normal version is a bit more 'fair', in terms of resource costs, compared to the Hardcore Edition. Great for medium difficulties, especially on Randy and Phoebe. Link below.
- RBSE Hardcore Edition: This version has higher resource costs, and is therefore best suited for players who are looking for a bigger challenge. Works great on the harder difficulties, especially with Cassandra. Link below.
-- RBSE is a standalone bionics and surgery mod. Do not install RBSE with EPOE --
- Bionic Workbench: craft an array of bionic prostheses. (simple parts available at a machining table)
- Advanced Medical Station: craft advanced bionic prostheses, synthetic organs and brain implants.
- Bone repairs for femurs, tibias etc. (spinal fusion included)
- Old scars and gunshot wounds can be cured with Glitterworld medicine after research. (brain scars must be cured in other ways)
- Cures for Frailty, Sleeping sickness, Muscle parasites, Mechanites, Gut worms and other infections. (Late game tech)
- All bionic parts cost quite a bit of resources, mainly in plasteel and components. (ex: 1 bionic arm costs 80 plasteel and 6 components..)
- Most simple prosthetic parts cost steel and components. (ex: 1 simple prosthetic arm costs 120 steel and 4 components.)
- Balanced bionic parts: Decked out bionic pawns are powerful, but not game breakingly overpowered.
- Organ rejection system for natural organ transplants. (vanilla friendly) (can be toggled on/off in mod settings)
- Organs need refrigeration to avoid rot and decay.
- 3 new chronic diseases: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
- 3 new brain implants for the late game. Enhancing effects and brain disease / damage cures.
- Bionics and surgery research tree with its own research tab.
- 3 implant colors: Light blue for simple parts, blue for bionics and purple for advanced parts.
- Medicine and Glitterworld Medicine have original red colors from A16.
- White textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.
- Death Acidifiers can be removed after researching Advanced Bionics.
- More subtle graphics for Bionic and Archotech eye.
- Redundancy kept to a minimum.
- Bug fixes and balance work.
- RBSE parts spreadsheet: All RBSE part values.
- Rah's Vanilla Turrets Expansion: New rebalanced turret mod for Rimworld 1.3 with 9 strong turrets for the mid and late game !
- A Dog Said Link: 100% compatible with RBSE, no patch needed.
- Alien race patches available on the forum or steam.
- Hardcore Armors: Advanced power armor mod for 1.3.
Big thanks to Ykara for his EPOE mod, Minus for his Extended Surgery mod, and kaptain_kavern and Aristocat for some of the coding / inspiration. Also thanks to all the people who have offered feedback and suggestions. And a big thanks to Haplo and K for their dll files.
- Special thanks to Ghrull for the SPANISH translation
- Special thanks to Well for the RUSSIAN translation
- Special thanks to AmUnRA for the GERMAN translation
- Special thanks to Duduluu for the CHINESE translation
- Special thanks to MilSu-UpZa for the KOREAN translation
- Special thanks to Jozay for the FRENCH translation
- Special thanks to Cpl.Hicks for the POLISH translation
If you like this mod, don't hesitate to give it a thumbs up ! And if you're feeling generous, feel free to donate a coffee in the link above ! Enjoy <3
3.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion * New research node; Nanomedicine. Can cure Frailty, Sleeping sickness, Muscle parasites, Mechanites, Gut worms and other infections. 2.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion * Royalty research nodes now match better with RBSE research. 2.8 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion * Updated for 1.3 and Ideology. 2.7 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion * Changed synthetic liver to part efficiency instead of an offset 2.6 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Neurostimulator has no negative side effects. Cures dementia, alzheimer's and brain damage.
* Death acidifiers can now be removed after researching Advanced bionics.
* Made patch file for new chronic illnesses to eliminate potential mod conflict. (thanks to Kopp)
3.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* New research node; Nanomedicine. Can cure Frailty, Sleeping sickness, Muscle parasites, Mechanites, Gut worms and other infections.
2.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Royalty research nodes now match better with RBSE research.
2.8 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for 1.3 and Ideology.
2.7 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Changed synthetic liver to part efficiency instead of an offset
2.6 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for 1.2
2.5 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Now possible to install bought / found bionics with less research.
* Minor stat tweaks.
2.4 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for 1.1. Compatible with Royalty DLC.
* Balance changes and minor tweaks.
* New bionic parts textures to match their vanilla counterparts.
* New white textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.
2.3 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Neurostimulator buff; now no longer gives mental breaks.
* Joywire and Painstopper are now cheaper to make.
2.2 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* New market values.
* Balance work and fixes.
* Removed synthetic organ adaption. (conflicted with rez. serum)
* Fixed bug where smithing recipes would be set to crafting.
* Bionic tables now glow.
2.1 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Included mod settings button for RBSE.
* Can now toggle on/off active organ rejection.
2.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for Rimworld 1.0 !
* Simple prosthetic parts can now be made at the Machining table after researching Anatomy and physiology.
* Anatomy and physiology research now requires only Machining research.
* Power claw can now be made after Bionics research.
* Balance work and fixes.
1.91 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* New workbench textures !
* 2 new brain implants: Hyporegulator and Cortexaugmentor.
* Bionic parts no longer require simple prosthetics parts.
* Balance tweaks to market prices and recipes.
* RBSE Lite Edition is now the normal version.
1.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for B19.
* 3 new chronic diseases added: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
* Vanilla prosthetics and bionics implemented into mod.
* Advanced and synthetic parts now require advanced components.
* Adaption system added for synthetic organs.
* Added ribcage repair.
* Added hook hand. Available through Smithing research.
* Vanilla prosthetic heart disabled.
* Archotech parts cannot be crafted, just like in vanilla.
* Spanish translation added. (thanks to Ghrull !)
* Balance tweaks.
1.83 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Advanced bionic eyes added back in. Read forum post for more info.
* Advanced bionic item boxes are now dark purple.
* Russian translation added !
1.82 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Tweaks to power arms; now more viable with better dps.
* Removed advanced bionic eye due to shooting accuracy nerf in vanilla.
1.81 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Added more bone repair options(spinal fusion, humerus, radius, tibia, femur)
* Artificial bones can be used to repair most bones.
* Slight buff to the neurostimulator.
* Tweaks to organ rejection.
1.8 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for B18.
1.72 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Pawns will now keep working at the workbenches if forced to.
* Frostbite cure now available after researching Regenerative medicine.
* Scar healing cost reduced to 3 glitterworld medicine in the hardcore version.
* Corrected some values for the synthetic stomach, lungs and bionic jaw.
* Corrected some values for the synthetic stomach, lungs and bionic jaw.
* Slight tweak to surgery success chance.
1.71 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Small nerfs to advanced bionic spines and exoskeleton.
* Updated Korean translation and fixed other language issues.
1.7 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for A17 !
* New organ rejection system ! (natural organs)
* New research: Organ transplantation. (natural organs)
* Natural Organs will now rot away if not refrigerated.
* Synthetic Organs, although more durable, will eventually decay unless refrigerated.
* Hyperweave frequency increased to very rare, from almost non-existent in A17.
* Medicine and Glitterworld Medicine have original red colors.
* New item box colors for bionic parts and synthetic organs.
* All RBSE research moved to new tab: Bionics and Surgery.
* All parts will now deteriorate normally if outside/unroofed.
* Tweaks to balance/costs and textures.
1.62 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Balance work; resource costs, market values, surgery time.
1.61 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Curing scars and old wounds now has its own research; Regenerative medicine.
* Made some research texts a bit clearer.
1.60 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* NEW MOD NAME !
* New workbench textures !
1.59 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added back in: Old scars and gunshot wounds can now be cured with glitterworld medicine again, except for brain scars.
(Huge thanks to Haplo for his help.)
1.58 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed glitterworld cures for old scars. Temporary at the moment, as I try to find a solution to a big balance issue.
* Corrected problem with neurostimulator. Now properly restores consciousness to brain damaged colonists.
1.57 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added Neurostimulator implant after a lot of requests. Restores/enhances consciousness. Also comes with negative side effects.
* Added Wooden foot, mainly for tribal players. Requires no research.
* Curing old scars now costs 2 glitterworld medicine. (still 1 in the LITE version)
1.56 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Corrected research placement paths (thanks to Mehni for pointing it out)
* Corrected small visual duplicate glitch with vanilla parts.
* Peg legs and dentures are now in light blue, same as simple parts.
* Slight increase to component cost for some advanced parts.
1.55 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Cleaned up files and version numbers.
* New Preview image for the mod.
* Mod added to Steam workshop.
* Slightly lowered bionic research costs to vanilla numbers.
* Corrected market values, and increased resource cost on synthetic organs.
* Workbenches now take more time to build
1.54 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Rebalanced surgery success chance factors. Explained further on page 10 in the forum thread. (red writing)
1.53 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Can now repair shattered clavicles (10 plasteel), ribs (30 steel) and sternums (40 steel) naturally.
* Fixed bug where pawns could install available bionic parts without research.
* Artificial pelvis cost slightly reduced.
1.52 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Will continue updates without luciferium suppression from now on. not 100% happy with it after a lot of testing.
1.51 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Slight cost reduction on artificial nose and bionic ear.
* Removed natural eye, ear, nose and jaw harvest to enhance the importance of the bionic parts, and because of redundancy. (page 8 for explanation)
* Synthetic stomach now gives bonus to metabolism.
1.5 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Workbenches can now be moved/reinstalled.
* Added back rebalanced Luciferium suppression drug. Can only be obtained by crafting late game. Lasts over 30 days, with
reduced luciferium bonuses. Costs approx. half the price compared to luci dosages, and gives a small mood bonus.
* Bionic jaw now gives a bonus to eating.
* Natural limbs can be harvested and installed. Can break balance and be buggy, but included as an addon file.
1.41 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed Luciferium suppression until further balancing/testing can be done.
1.4 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Several balance tweaks and fixes
* Luciferium suppression drug now available;can be crafted after research. Gives users long term relief. (not a cure)
1.3 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Small nerf to some bionic part bonuses. ex. advanced bionic arm manipulation down to 30% from 35%.
1.21 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Hotfix; corrected bionic hand surgery error where you needed 3 bionic hands to start surgery.
* Fixed small issue with surgery success
1.2 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Rebalanced market values on bionic parts
* Increased work time for bionic parts
* Reduced cost (mainly plasteel) for bionic parts. ex: 1 bionic arm is now 180 plasteel, 6 comp, 1 simple arm
1.1 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Balance work and minor fixes
* Bionic surgeries require slightly more medicine
* Some bionic parts require slightly more components. ex: 1 bionic arm req 300 plasteel, 8 components, 1 simple prosthetic arm