These brother quotes perfectly encapsulate the beautiful and unbreakable bond you have with your younger or older brothers!
Growing up, you might have had countless fights with your brothers. They can get annoying, overprotective, loud, and rowdy.
However, as you grow older, you slowly realize how much of a blessing your brothers actually are.
Brothers are many things for their siblings.
For sisters, they are their protectors and second fathers. And, between brothers, they’re each others’ support system—one always looks to the other for guidance and support.
No matter what role they play in your life, there’s no contesting the value they bring to the family and your life.
So, if you have a brother, don’t forget to show them your unconditional love and appreciation. Scroll through this collection and find a quote you can share with him!
Continue to the list below.
And don’t forget to check out these family quotes and sister quotes.
Best Brother Quotes
1. “My brother is my only best friend. No one can replace him.” – Anonymous
2. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
3. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Anonymous
4. “Brothers are what best friends can never be.” – Anonymous
5. “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
6. “We came into the world like brother and brother; and now, let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
7. “God blesses him who helps his brother.” – Abu Bakr
8. “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesiod
9. “I had a brother who was my savior—made my childhood bearable.” – Maurice Sendak
10. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
Famous Brother Quotes
11. “There is no buddy like a brother.” – Anonymous
12. “Who needs superheroes when you have a brother.” – Anonymous
13. “One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men are not united but merely lined up.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
14. “A brother is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit.” – Anonymous
15. “You are a rare species—a brother who never judges me.” – Anonymous
16. “The happiest days of my youth were when my brother and I would run through the woods and feel quite safe.” – Rachel Weisz
17. “I smile because you’re my brother. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it!” – Anonymous
18. “Ambitious. Caring. Positive. Strong. Helpful. Awesome. Reliable. Because I have a brother, I will always have a friend.” – Anonymous
19. “I love my brother. He is simply amazing and I just couldn’t imagine my life without him.” – Anonymous
20. “The greatest gift my parents ever gave me was my brother.” – Anonymous
Also read: Famous Quotes
Brother Quotes That Highlight Their Value in the Family
21. “How do people make it through life without a brother?” – Anonymous
22. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other—they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
23. “Brothers are playmates at the beginning and best friends for life.” – Anonymous
24. “A brother’s unconditional love is priceless.” – Anonymous
25. “Growing up, I revered my brother and still do.” – Anonymous
26. “Brotherhood means, ‘I will always come for you no matter the cost.’” – Anonymous
27. “The love of a brother is like having a second dad—just much younger.” – Anonymous
28. “A brother is someone who knows there’s something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face.” – Anonymous
29. “Of all the toys I have to play with, I’d choose my brothers and day.” – Anonymous
30. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.” – Anonymous
31. “Some people don’t believe in heroes. But they haven’t met my brother.” – Anonymous
32. “Brother—a person who is there when you need him; someone who picks you up when you fall; a person who sticks up for you when no one else will; a brother is always a friend.” – Anonymous
33. “Life is better with brothers!” – Anonymous
34. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
Deep Brother Quotes to Strengthen Your Bond
35. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.” – Anonymous
36. “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” – Martin Luther King
37. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
38. “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.” – Dan Pearce
39. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is as far off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St. Francis of Assisi
40. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day—that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m okay right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
41. “My brother is my best friend.” – Erinn Smart
42. “A brother is a special ally when facing challenges.” – Anonymous
43. “Be grateful when your older brothers growl at you, and when they tell you what to do and, beautiful, they are just trying to fulfill their duty of protecting you.” – Anonymous
44. “Giving of himself is second nature to my wonderful brother.” – Anonymous
Also read: Mom Quotes
Sweet Brother Quotes
45. “A brother is a friend god gave you; a friend is a brother your heart chose for you.” – Anonymous
46. “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
47. “If I could pick the best brother, I would pick you!” – Anonymous
48. “Brothers are like glue; they stick together.” – Anonymous
49. “Brother, you may not always get what you want, but knowing you, you always want what you get.” – Anonymous
Brother Quotes to Think About
50. “Brothers, will you build forts? Shoot hoops? Teach me to skip rocks? Tell me stories in the dark? Always be my best friend.” – Anonymous
51. “My brother personifies all the good things we were taught as kids.” – Anonymous
52. “My brother is one of my true heroes. Steady and sober where I am impulsive and emotional.” – Anonymous
53. “I always knew my brother was a good man, even when he was a little boy.” – Anonymous
54. “I love my brother simply because he’s my brother.” – Anonymous
Brother Quotes That Will Make You Miss Him
55. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrongdoing, but more than ever, that he is thy brother.” – Epictetus
56. “Brothers and sisters, peas in a pod, bumps on a log, bugs in a rug, birds of a feather, partners in crime, friends forever.” – Anonymous
57. “Little brothers are sweet innocents who adore their older brothers.” – Anonymous
58. “Regardless of what I’ve asked of him, my brother has never refused me.” – Anonymous
59. “A baby brother is a loyal ally for life.” – Anonymous
60. “Younger brothers always have a special place in their sibling’s heart.” – Anonymous
More Brother Quotes for Everyone With Siblings
61. “A brother will always stand by you.” – Anonymous
62. “Brother, you got the best of genes of our parents.” – Anonymous
63. “A brother can be a best friend—once he grows up. Until then, he’s just a pest.” – Anonymous
64. “A baby brother will always have sibling protectors.” – Anonymous
65. “Brother, you are so lucky because you have really cool siblings.” – Anonymous
66. “Older siblings always feel the need to protect little brothers.” – Anonymous
67. “It’s no mystery why I love my brother. Simply put, he’s just 100% a good guy!” – Anonymous
68. “Brother, you are one-of-a-kind and I’m lucky to be your sibling.” – Anonymous
69. “A baby brother eventually grows up to be your friend.” – Anonymous
70. “Caring for a baby brother strengthens that sibling bond.” – Anonymous
Do You Also Have a Brother to Look Up to and Protect You?
Life with brothers can get quite loud and messy. But, going beyond that, they bring color, fun, and excitement to our lives. Their jokes and hilarious comebacks often come with meaningful life lessons we can all learn from.
For one, growing up with brothers by our sides teaches us to be fierce and determined competitors in life. There’s always some sort of sibling rivalry going on, and brothers just bring out the competitive side in us. This may happen inside the family, but, for sure, what you learn here is something you can take and apply in life as you grow older.
Brothers also have a way of reminding us not to take life too seriously. Whatever the situation, they’ll always have some sort of joke or funny comeback that will make you laugh—even when you’re moody and sad.
These are just a few of the things that brothers teach us; there are sure to be many more if we just take the time to understand their words and actions. Our brothers will love and protect us unconditionally, so take the time to show them how much you appreciate their presence in your life! Hug them and send them a quick note of love after reading this collection.
How would you describe your own brother? Are there other lessons you’ve learned from him? We’d love to get your take on this subject, so comment below!
- 30 Toxic Sister Quotes on Dealing With Sibling Rivalry
- 100 Niece Quotes to Tell to Her How Awesome She Is