★★★★★ A Bemis 800EC000 Plastic Round Toilet review will not answer these 19 questions. Get the truth from people who own a Bemis 800EC000 Plastic Round Toilet, including the fact that it won't...
QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE MEASUREMENTS FOR THIS TOILET SEAT? MOST OTHER TOILET SEATS HAVE MEASUREMENTS SO I CAN MAKE SURE THAT I AM BUYING THE RIGHT SIZE. THANKS.
• This also includes their diagram. http://www.toiletseats.com/docs/specification-sheets/bemis/800EC.pdf
• I don't really know. But I would say standard size. I bought it for my mom as a present a year ago or so and it fit her toilet perfectly. The toilet is standard size. Good quality and well made. After a year of plenty of use is still in perfect condition. Nicely satisfied and for the price compared to very expensive ones this one does the job. And much better than wood. Will never buy wooden ones again. This one is easy to clean. The clips come out with no problem and easy to put them back. Would recommend. Hope this is helpful. I agree with Mike K. It is not oversized it would fit even a toilet leaning toward the small side of what you call standard. It would fit any regular round toilet. I even bought a second one for my sister in law. .
• I can't say what the actual measurements are but it is the "round" size. It is NOT oversized.
• This also includes their diagram. http://www.toiletseats.com/docs/specification-sheets/bemis/800EC.pdf
• The measurement for our toilet seat is 17 inches from the bolt to the rim.
• The measurement where the hinges go, my old wooden one measures a tiny bit more than 5 1/2, from center to center. This is with the hinges on, it's slightly almost 2mm longer looks like, but I am not sure when i take it out. Any suggestions of this will fit? This toilet is very old, called "Standard" Ejecto.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE INSIDE DIAMETER OF THE SEAT--IF YOU ARE 6 FT TALL , THO THIN, THE NORMAL SEAT IS TOO NARROW!
• It is 8 1/2 inches side to side.
• It is 10 1/2 long by 8 1/2 (at widest part). My husband is a big man - 6'5" and he has not complained.
• No. It's a standard round seat. Not the elongated type. Inside diameter is (side to side) 8.5". The front to back is 10.5"
• It's pretty narrow. I haven't measured it. This particular toilet seat is pretty flimsy and isn't stable. I am planning on replacing it soon even though we just got it.
QUESTION: MY CURRENT TOILET SEAT COVER MEASURES 15.5" BACK TO FRONT AND 13.5" SIDE TO SIDE. WILL THIS COVER FIT. 17 X 3 X 19 SEEM TO BIG? IS THIS REALLY ROUND?
• Not really round
• I can't help you because I ordered the wrong seat. I needed the oval seat and sent back this one.
• My toilet seat cover is the same size as yours. I just tried to install this Bemis toilet seat and it's not the right size. The actual seat and cover would have worked okay even though the measurements are several inches bigger than those of my current seat. But the plastic "nut" that is supposed to secure the seat was a problem. Once the nut was almost to the top of the plastic screw that goes through the hole at the back of the toilet, it would not turn further because it has one wing on it. That wing hits the back side of the ceramic toilet bowl so that it cannot turn. I am considering how to take a quarter inch of the plastic off that wing so it will screw up all the way. Meanwhile, I ordered a new seat!!! So beware, all round toilet seats do not fit all round toilets if the new seats come wi th "one wing" nuts. : )
QUESTION: THIS PRODUCT IS LISTED AS A PLASTIC ROUND TOILET SEAT, BUT UNDER PRODUCTS FEATURES IT SAYS IT'S DURABLE MOLDED WOOD. WHICH IS CORRECT?
• The item I received was definitely plastic. Lightweight and it's more durable than the molded wood that I've had in the past. Good luck with your decision.
• it is a plastic toilet seat with a closed front and easy clean hinges which you lock and unlock over the bolt cap and remove the toilet seat for easy cleaning
• Yep - it's plastic. WAYYYYY better than wood. No problems with it at all.
QUESTION: IS THIS SEAT IS GOOD CHOICE FOR 'BIG' PEOPLE? USED WOODEN IN THE PAST, BUT THEY CRACK ON ONE SIDE FROM LEANING. HOW STURDY IS THIS?
• It is a very sturdy plastic....I switched from wooden, haven't had any problems..
• It is very sturdy. I have had wooden ones crack completely. This one never has.
• Yes. It is a good choice. I am a "big" person, and it works great for me. Very sturdy. Hope that helps....
• I would not recommend it, it is made from hard plastic material but is far less sturdy than the wood seat we replaced. I prefer wooden seats for the comfort factor and I believe them to be stronger.
• I weight 194 lbs. and it seems plenty sturdy for me. Since its made of plastic, I don't think it will crack (most likely just flex a bit). It has 4 solid looking plastic studs on the bottom of the seat that support it on the bowl.
• Hi, yes a good choice for us bigger folks! (340) I like the attaching mechanism this seat has too! Really easy to clean. I too had wood seat, it cracked right down the middle and was hard to clean.
QUESTION: DOES THIS SEAT FULLY COVER THE TOILET? I JUST BOUGHT A COUPLE CHEAP SEATS AND THERE'S ABOUT A HALF INCH OF TOILET SHOWING IN FRONT OF THE SEAT.
• yes it fully covers the American Standard toilet
• I bought two of these seats and both cover an average size toilet completely.
• Yes covers the toilet completely, very satisfied with this seat cover, easy to install and easy to clean.
• Yes it does...I have a standard size toilet & it fits perfectly.
QUESTION: HOW WHITE IS THE WHITE? IF ITS TOO BRIGHT MAYBE ID RATHER GET THE LINEN COLOR BUT DONT WANT THE SEAT LOOKING TOO BROWN AGAINST MY TOILET EITHER
• You can take the toilet screw caps that hold the toilet to the floor to a bath and shower showroom and ask or match the color yourself. Or take it to a Lowes or Home Depot and match color and then order via Amazon. The Bemis website will show you the colors and what Color went with which Mfg. I found this way mine was bone color and I thought it was Linen. Glad I checked first.
• It's exactly the same color as our toilet. I would get the white. I don't find it too bright.
• Its same white as my white crane toilet
• It matches our white toilet.
• It's the same whiteness as the toilet and is a perfect match.
• I have a white porcelain toilet and it matches well. That kind of white. It matches the standard white porcelain sink, tub, and toilet.
• It's a bright white, it matches my toilet perfect
QUESTION: HELLO, IS THIS SUPPOSED TO COME WITH THE ATTACHMENTS TO FIT IT TO THE TOILET? MINE ONLY CAME WITH THE SEAT ITSELF.
• Mine came with everything, I would contact amazon or the company
• Yes the item should have everything necessary to attach the seat onto the toilet bowl, such as bolts & screws with back snap cap hinges. if your order arrived with missing parts you can return it or contact the seller & request the missing parts.
QUESTION: THE PRODUCT STATES NOT TO USE CERTAIN CLEANERS. WHAT ABOUT THINGS LIKE CLOROX CLEAN UP OR DISINFECTING WIPES?
• I think those would be fine. I have used different cleaners on this seat and never had any issues.
• That is all I have ever used, for at least a year now, and I have had no problems at all.
• I replaced the toilet, so the Bemis no longer fit. I actually gave it to someone else who wanted it. Before that, I cleaned it with Clorox to ensure it was completely clean. It did not appear to cause any type of damage or discoloration. This is anecdotal evidence and not a scientific experiment, but it was not a problem for me.
• Really? B.M. is asking about toilet seat wipes. OK. I'll answer. Yes. I use Chlorox wipes on my toilet seat. They work just fine (no damage to the seat). Sometimes, I dry the lid with a piece of t.p. after I use the Chlorox wipe so it doesn't leave streaks.
QUESTION: I'M TOILET TRAINING MY CAT AND NEED WIDE FLAT SEAT (NOT ANGLED/SLOPED). IS YOURS FLAT? IE IF YOU PUT A DROP OF WATER ON IT, DOES IT ROLL OFF?
• Yes, it is slightly slanted and water would roll off. Good luck.
• It is slightly sloping snd is not flat.
• it is angled into to toilet and the seat would be too slippery for cat to hold onto..try a foam filled one..this one is great for people but not for kitty
QUESTION: WILL THIS 800EC000 "BUCKLE" WHEN HEAVILY SITTING ON CLOSED LID?
• yes...I weigh 190 lbs and when I sit on it, it is like sitting on the hood of your car, it does bend, but pops right back up...I sat on it for a while I was installing the toilet holder, but when I got up it was fine....I hope this helps...
• It was fine to sit on it, with 130 lbs weigh.
• I weight 195 lbs and it holds up pretty well.
• NO. I sit on it all the time when brushing my teeth. The plastic material is very thick and hard.
• I'm almost 350 lbs, I would not sit on it because I'm certain that I would be too heavy for it, however it is a very sturdy lid. I love the way it attaches to the toilet and it is really easy to clean.
• yes, it does feel like there is some slight indention when sitting of the closed seat. I am 155 lbs. It does not feel solid like a wooden seat.
QUESTION: IS SPACE OPEN AT THE BACK WHERE THE TOILET SEATS/LID MEET THE HINGE JOINT? LOOKING FOR THE MODEL W CLOSED REAR HINGE AREA, NO OPENING FOR SPLASHTHRU.
• No, it's closed. Hinges are covered. It's a great toilet seat.
• That space is open.
• There is a opening. Have not seen one that was not open.
• No, it is not a closed hinge area, hope you get what your looking for!
QUESTION: IS THIS TOILET SEAT COMPLETELY PLASTIC? IS IT STURDY AND DURABLE? WOULD IT FIT A "ZURN" BRAND TOILET?
• I hated it ended up throwing away not comfortable had things that poked in back and a friend tried it and he did not like either put my old one back on and not good for larger people
• Yes it is completely plastic. Works well for us seems sturdy enough. Don't know about a Zurn.
• It was all plastic material,and sturdy!!!! can be easely remove for clean as needed. It should fit the "zurn" with standard mounting holes. Watch out for the shape of the seat, round or oval. This model is round!
• The toilet seat is completely plastic...It is very sturdy and easy to clean...I don't know if it would fit the Zurn brand, but it seems to be a standard round seat...you might want to check the specs...
QUESTION: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS ONE AND MODEL NUMBER: 7B100EC000 SOLD ONLINE AT MENARDS FOR $58? THEY LOOK THE SAME.
• I don't know. Are they both plastic?
• probably nothing.. I love the ne I got from amazon..easy to clean, fast service,,No stains..
• I have no idea since I know nothing about Menards. Sorry.
QUESTION: DOES SIZE MATTER?? THE TOILET SEAT THAT IS
• It matters! With the toilet set it matters if you need an elongated one or regular sized seat. If you're toilet bowl is round this is for you. It attaches easily, is easy to clean and it's sturdy. Enjoy.
• This seat has a rounded front. There are two styles of seats = rounded like the older toilets and ones that look more like an oblong. This particular seat is rounded, as I said. Look at the one you have. If it And look at the other style that Amazon also has. It's easy to tell the difference and determine what you need. They're all basically the same size, the difference is in the shape! And this one can be taken all the way off and easily cleaned! And no metal parts to rust!
QUESTION: ARE THE BOLTS INCLUDED????
• Yes, everything is included. No need to buy anything further. Easy to install.
• Yes, everything you need is there.
• yes, there are plastics screws and covers.
• Yes. All required hardware is included. Highly recommended for the price.
QUESTION: NEVER USED A PLASTIC TOILET SEAT BEFORE (IN OUR HOME). IS IT TOUGH ENOUGH TO HANDLE 235 LBS ON A REG BASIS? THANKS!
• My husband weighs 230 and this seat works great!
• So far, yes. No problems with heavy people. Might be an issue with sitting on the lid, but the seat is more than adequate to handle it.
• I would say yes. The hinges are sturdy and the seat doesn't have any places where it would give way or bed with the specified weight. When closed, the lid does bend in a little if you sit on it like a chair.
• I would have to say YES! This seat is stronger than some wood seats I've used and definitely stronger than any other plastic one I've owned!
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE BOLT SPREAD MEASUREMENT?
• From the center of each bolt, it looks like 5.5" apart.
• The answer is 5 1/2". Amazon should add the dimension picture from the Bemis or other site.
• It is standard...I measured almost 6 inches...
QUESTION: MY ROOM MATE WEIGHS IN AT AROUND 275 AND THE PLASTIC BARS ON THE UNDERSIDE OF PREVIOUS SEATS KEEPS GETTING DEMOLISHED. WILL THIS UNIT HANDLE THIS?
• I weigh more than that and find that this is a very sturdy seat.
• This seat is pretty solid, much more so than the one I had previously. I'm 250 pounds and there are no problems with the three seats I have in my home. The plastic is quite a bit thicker all around and the hinges more sturdy than my previous seats. It's just better made. I'd say its a pretty good bet that you will not have problems with this seat.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B000JV3I2M
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.