Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Peabody, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Medical Staff Hours Per Patient (2021)
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Short-term care scores are vital for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Continuing Care at Brooksby Village?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. However, even its lowest point would actually be a strength for many facilities. In fact, we gave it a strong grade of B for long-term care. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 86.52482 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Continuing Care at Brooksby Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Continuing Care at Brooksby Village, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Peabody, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
Avg. Overall Rating
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
Avg. Nurse Rating
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
Avg. Long-term Care Rating
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
Avg. Short-term Care Rating
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Avg. Inspection Rating
Looking for more options? Peabody, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers0.84 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Peabody Dialysis Center2.19 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis4.19 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center5.15 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)6.19 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham7.3 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis10.54 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center11.53 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
Independent Living: Services Offered, Costs, and How to Pay for It
Rehabilitation Options after Your Acute Care Hospital Stay
Memory Care: Services Offered, Costs, and How to Pay for It